Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome to week 1!

Ok, so here it is. January 1st, 2011 and I'm starting fresh.
I'm not a writer, nor do I pretend to be. I want to put that out there right away!!
I've created this blog for several reasons. I want to journal the successes and challenges of the 52 weeks ahead of me while holding myself accountable for the goals I'm setting. I also want to hopefully inspire one other person to stop complaining about their current situation and to get off their butts and do something about it!!

A little about me......I'm 32. I'm married. I'm a Mom. That's me in a nutshell!
I'm 5'2'' and weigh in at......wait for it.............gasp........233lbs!

When I saw that number on the scale last week I almost fainted! That's when I came up with this plan.

I'm tired of feeling sluggish, of getting colds, of having indigestion, of having gas, of having sore joints, of hating the way I look in pictures, of having trouble walking up a flight of stairs, of having trouble getting down on the floor to play barbies with my daughter and I'm simply tired of being OBESE!

I have been tired of this for a long time, but instead of doing something about it, I just complained about it.

Today is different. I'm doing something about it!

I joined weight watchers. However I'm fully aware that this alone will not mean success. Proof....I've tried before, lost weight and then promptly put it back on and then some!

In order for weight loss to be successful and permanent, it has to be accompanied by several other things.

This is the first time that I will attempt (scratch that.....). This is the time that I WILL SUCCEED, because not only will I eat better, but i will better my whole self....mind, body and spirit!

The challenge is simple. To loose 1lb each week for the next 52 weeks. While I would need to loose more than 52lbs to be at my "healthy body weight". I think 1lb a week is reasonable, safe and attainable.

I plan on doing this challenge by making smarter choices for myself including eating better, being more physically active and following my spiritual path to happiness. I also believe that by making smarter choices for myself and my family, we will be able to reduce our carbon footprint and be more responsible human beings in the process.

These are the challenges I'm setting for myself for 2011:
1. to loose 1lb each week for the next 52 weeks.
2. to blog at least once each week to show my progress.
3. to incorporate a minimum of 90mins of physical activity each week.
4. to make a point of telling the people around me that they are important to me and that they are loved on a regular basis.
5. to spend more quality time with my daughter.
6. to meditate at least 10mins each day.
7. to raise a minimum of 2000$ for the August 2011 Week-end to end Women's Cancers.
8. to buy more local produce and meats and eat less processed foods.
9. to recycle more diligently
10. to smile more!!!!!!

Week 1: 233lbs

2 comments:

  1. Well, you go girl! You can do this if you are committed to it. You need to do what makes you happy and healthy, but know that I love you any which way....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristina, know that you have my complete admiration for having set yourself these goals! I am confident that you will be able to do this, especially if you keep up with this blog and see the people following it.

    Thumbs up!
    Isabelle P.

    ReplyDelete