Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week 5: Feeling good!

Hello all!!
I'm a day late to write up my blog entry.....but worry not......it's not because I'm lazy or I've given up.......I was away for the week-end.

Ok.....you can be jealous if you want!  I would be.

Because of our amazing support system (my parents & Sonia to be exact), Kevin & I were lucky enough to spend a week-end in the lap of luxury.

We spent 2 days in a downtown hotel....childless.......aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!

We partied with amazing friends. We saw a fantastic show at the Bell Centre. We slept in (sweet and utter bliss). We swam. We walked downtown. We saw a movie and we ate good food.  What was the best part of the whole week-end? That's really quite simple, the best part of the ween-end, was relaxing and re-connecting with Kevin.

Being parents, you often forget how to act like a couple. However, in order to continue to be great parents together, I believe you should also have a very healthy relationship as a couple.

Often, it's as simple as a stolen kiss when no one is looking, or a quiet talk in bed before sleep. Sometimes a little more is required. That's where our week-end comes in. 

We were able to step away from work, responsibilities, chores and yes even parenting for 2 whole days. We were able to concentrate on one another without any distractions.

Did we miss our daughter??? Of course????? Was I happy to hug and kiss her when we got home?? Of course?? Did the time away do us all good???? Hell yeah!!!!!

I think both Kevin & I feel refreshed and recharged and ready to take on the world....or at the very least the next work week!!!

Now, through all this relaxation and fun...did I manage to continue to think about healthy living?  Yup....and as a matter of fact, being in such a "happy" headspace over the week-end, actually made it quite easy to do.

I missed my regular weekly weight watcher meeting. Instead of letting this be a free pass to do as I pleased, I found a meeting near the hotel and got weighed anyways.  I also walked everywhere this week-end. I walked to & from the movies, the concert, the shopping and even the restaurants! I also swam. Instead of my usual lounging and floating in the pool, I actually did laps! It felt great.

I ate out and indulged with a little alcohol and even a late night poutine at La Banquise (OMG...while the poutine was amazing...I felt so old...the average age of the clientele must be like 20!!), however most of my meals were healthy and smart. 

I felt empowered by my smart decisions, which made me feel and continues to make me feel successful at my new lifestyle and weight loss journey.

I can honestly say that I've had some difficult days in the last month and I'm sure there will be more difficult days in the coming year, but even the difficult days are manageable with the support of amazing loved ones.

I am surrounded by family and friends who love me even with all my faults and flaws! They take me as I am and only want the best for me.  I am one lucky girl!!!

Today I want to send love out to my Mom & Dad, Sonia, my husband Kevin & my daughter Kearsey.

Ok, so like every week....after blabbering about what I did & what I ate...you all must want to know if I managed to loose any weight..........YES!!!!

I lost another 2 lbs this week!!!

These are the challenges I'm setting for myself for 2011:
1. to loose 1lb each week for the next 52 weeks. DONE
2. to blog at least once each week to show my progress. DONE
3. to incorporate a minimum of 90mins of physical activity each week. I did 60mins this week but it is 15mins more than last week and I plan to increase this number next week.
4. to make a point of telling the people around me that they are important to me and that they are loved on a regular basis. DONE
5. to spend more quality time with my daughter. Not this week as I was away, but we are spending the afternoon playing My little ponies...hehe
6. to meditate at least 10mins each day. DONE
7. to raise a minimum of 2000$ for the August 2011 Week-end to end Women's Cancers. I have raised 320$ so far.
8. to buy more local produce and meats and eat less processed foods. DONE by monitoring labels and asking questions.
9. to recycle more diligently DONE by not only recycling in the house, but also in my daycare.
10. to smile more!!!!!! DONE

Week 1: 233lbs
Week 2: 228lbs
Week 3: 225.8lbs
Week 4: 224.4lbs
Week 5: 222.4lbs  (total weight loss so far 10.6lbs)

1 comment: