Saturday, January 22, 2011

Week 4: A hectic week

Hello all!!
Well, this week was better than last week! No skittle incidents and no other sneaky little sugary critters mysteriously found their way into my mouth!

Of course that might be because I had no time to feel deprived. I was busy like crazy, and in between working 2 jobs I got sick. Nothing like a stomach bug to allow you to stay away from bad food!!!

I ate at the restaurant twice this week. I managed to eat delicious food, feel totally satisfied and stay within my points.  I am tapping myself on the back right now!!!  Even with my little indulgences, I made smart decisions and had no feelings of guilt this week. I am definitely proud of that!

Amongst all the other things going on this week, I had the chance to visit my old elementary school. Kevin & I attended an open house at Edward Murphy School because this is where Kearsey will be going as of September.

Walking into the school, I was suprised to see so many things unchanged. It was the same peaceful place I recalled as a child....except for the water fountain which seemed so much smaller than I remembered....lol

We were taken on a tour by a lovely little blond girl of about 10-11yrs old. She was smart, outgoing, funny and quite pretty (what I imagine and hope Kearsey will be like at that age). She talked to us about the education program, the teachers, the facilities, about the extra activities and the public service work the students do.

I realized then, that alot had changed.

When I was there, there were no activities and no public service work. I was beyond excited for Kearsey! She will be able to choose from various sports, knitting, playing music, art and local volunteer work. She will be able to explore all sorts of activities and be able to find things that she is truly talented at or truly passionate about.

I'm 32 and still don't know what I'm passionate about. I love my life and my job, but I have yet to find my passion! What am I really good at? What do I love to do???

Part of this journey is about learning who I am. Looking deep within and celebrating my strengths and working on my weaknesses. I hope by doing this I'll be able to be more "authentic" (yes, i realize I sound like a cheesy version of an Oprah Winfrey show, but I can't help it!). By being more true, I'm certain I'll be able to stop doubting myself so much. I hope that I will be able to have the courage to get out there and explore knitting and sports and community service (or whatever it is I actually want to try) and hopefully I can find my passion!

Did I loose weight.....yup!!!! I lost 1.4lbs this week!!!!!!

These are the challenges I'm setting for myself for 2011:
1. to loose 1lb each week for the next 52 weeks. DONE
2. to blog at least once each week to show my progress. DONE
3. to incorporate a minimum of 90mins of physical activity each week. I only did 45mins this week but it is 5mins more than last week and I plan to increase this number next week.
4. to make a point of telling the people around me that they are important to me and that they are loved on a regular basis. DONE
5. to spend more quality time with my daughter.DONE
6. to meditate at least 10mins each day. DONE
7. to raise a minimum of 2000$ for the August 2011 Week-end to end Women's Cancers. I have raised 320$ so far.
8. to buy more local produce and meats and eat less processed foods. DONE by monitoring labels and asking questions.
9. to recycle more diligently DONE by not only recycling in the house, but also in my daycare.
10. to smile more!!!!!! DONE

Week 1: 233lbs
Week 2: 228lbs
Week 3: 225.8lbs
Week 4: 224.4lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment