Saturday, January 8, 2011

Week 2: The challenge is on!!

So here we are, the beginning of week 2 and guess what...I'm still doing the challenge!!
This may seem like nothing to most of you, but those who know me, know that I often start things and don't finish them. 7days is probably some kind of record for me.....sad....but nonetheless true!
I have been getting some really positive feedback about my blog, which is in turn helping me to stay on track. THANK YOU!!!
This week I focused on 2 things. Making smart food choices and meditating.
Following weight watchers is allowing me to think before I eat..."am I really hungry?, is this particular food going to help or hinder me?"..etc...
As of today, I'd say 7 out of 10 times I ask the question and wait for the response before eating. While that isn't perfect, it's sure better than just stuffing my face with whatever is placed in front of me.
Everyday this week I made smart food choices except for yesterday. I went out shopping and the first thing I did when I got to the mall was buy a muffin. I did it without thinking...bad habits! I ate the muffin...it tasted damn good, but I wasn't even done and I was already feeling guilty!
Some of you might be saying...geez if you can't eat a muffin, this isn't a plan that will work in the long run!!! The thing is, I can eat a muffin, nothing wrong with that...if you plan for it. I didn't. I had already had breakfast & had plans to eat out at lunch....my day was shot.
When i got home, I felt stupid and worthless and I felt like ordering a big fat poutine for supper to drown my sorrows!  However, what I did instead was kick myself in the arse. I made an egg white omellet with ham, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, herbs and spices. It was darn good and it brought my spirits back up.  I was full and I didn't let one meal derail my success!!!  I'm proud of me!
The second thing I worked on is meditation. This week I meditated for 5 minutes in the morning before my first daycare child arrived. I want to try and center myself before the craziness begins. I am still learning how to focus and relax, but already I am noticing a difference. I swear that those 5 minutes are like an extra 30minutes of sleep!!!!
Also I now do a 10-15minute meditation session in bed at night with Kevin and it has done wonders for our sleep.  It allows you to clear your head (as much as possible) and prepare for the night. When the meditation ends (I use an Iphone app), we just basically fall asleep!!! Simple as that.  I still get the giggles in bed listening to the meditation, but it does actually work.  When the F@#K did I become a person who meditates...hehe...i used to laugh at those "hippy folk"....now I have become one of them.......lol
Anyways, I am chalking this week up as a success!!!!!  Ok, i am sure you all want to know if while i was meditating and eating well I was loosing weight??????????????????????????
Why yes I was!!! I lost 5lbs!!!!  I know it was the first week and I don't expect to loose this much every week, but it certainly was a motivation booster!
These are the challenges I'm setting for myself for 2011:
1. to loose 1lb each week for the next 52 weeks. DONE
2. to blog at least once each week to show my progress. DONE
3. to incorporate a minimum of 90mins of physical activity each week. I only did 35mins this week and plan to increase this number next week.
4. to make a point of telling the people around me that they are important to me and that they are loved on a regular basis. DONE
5. to spend more quality time with my daughter.DONE
6. to meditate at least 10mins each day. DONE
7. to raise a minimum of 2000$ for the August 2011 Week-end to end Women's Cancers. I have raised 300$ so far, but none this year yet, so I will have to get working on this.
8. to buy more local produce and meats and eat less processed foods. DONE by monitoring labels and asking questions.
9. to recycle more diligently DONE by not only recycling in the house, but also in my daycare.
10. to smile more!!!!!! DONE

Week 1: 233lbs
Week 2: 228lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment