Saturday, January 15, 2011

Week 3: Let the speed bumps begin!

Hello all!!!
This week was a rough one. I was tired, grumpy and hungry! Well, not really hungry per se. I wasn't physically hungry, but I wanted to eat.....everything!

I had a great week-end. I had fun with my family, my friends, even went to the restaurant and had a lovely dessert. I should not have started the new week feeling deprived or hungry, but Monday night, sitting alone with the TV I decided I wanted to have a few skittles anyways.

What happened next will from this day forward be known as the "Great Skittle incident of 2011 or GSI".
I knew what a serving was, but instead of just taking out what i could eat from the bag, i brought it downstairs & sat down to watch a marathon session of Charmed. 3 episodes later, I'd finished the bag of skittles........5 servings worth to be exact........I went to bed that night feeling nauseous and with a wicked case of heartburn and guilt!

The next morning I felt like quitting. What's the point right? I'm working so hard and I can ruin all my hard work with a few skittles....ok well maybe a whole bunch of the darn things!!! I mean, I'm a quitter. That's what I seem to do best. So even though I'm writing a blog, no one would be surprised for me to give up. Who would care anyways????????

I had to literally tell myself to shut up and stop the negative self talk, it was going to do me in!

I didn't quit though, I had a healthy breakfast and tried to put the GSI out of my mind.

The next few days were good. I ate well, moved more and felt really good about myself.

Then last night happened. I went out to eat. I ordered a healthy meal and it tasted fantastic. I managed to make a smart decision and stay within my alloted Weight Watcher points for the day. I was proud of myself and how did I reward myself you think??????? With creme brulee of course! I ate it all and it tasted good. Was it worth it? Absolutely not!

I was already full after the delicious meal, so there was no reason whatsoever for me to have the dessert. I actually tried to convince myself that since it was included with the meal, in order to get my money's worth I should have the dessert.  Even I'm not that stupid though, i couldn't even convince myself of that!

I did figure something out about myself through all of this though. While I find it easy to blame others for my bad decisions, my worst enemy at the end of the day is ME!!! No one else but ME.

This is something I have to work on. I should be my number 1 fan, not my worst enemy!

The difference between the GSI and the creme brulee, is while I still feel a little guilty, I didn't consider quitting. I just said this was one bad meal, the next one will be all about smart and healthy decisions!

Did I loose weight.....yup!!!! I lost 2.2lbs this week!!!!!!

These are the challenges I'm setting for myself for 2011:
1. to loose 1lb each week for the next 52 weeks. DONE
2. to blog at least once each week to show my progress. DONE
3. to incorporate a minimum of 90mins of physical activity each week. I only did 40mins this week but it is 5mins more than last week and I plan to increase this number next week.
4. to make a point of telling the people around me that they are important to me and that they are loved on a regular basis. DONE
5. to spend more quality time with my daughter.DONE
6. to meditate at least 10mins each day. DONE
7. to raise a minimum of 2000$ for the August 2011 Week-end to end Women's Cancers. I have raised 320$ so far.
8. to buy more local produce and meats and eat less processed foods. DONE by monitoring labels and asking questions.
9. to recycle more diligently DONE by not only recycling in the house, but also in my daycare.
10. to smile more!!!!!! DONE

Week 1: 233lbs
Week 2: 228lbs
Week 3: 225.8lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment